- HEVC/x265 video encoding and decoding
- VP9 encoding and decoding
- Closed caption insertion
- HLS encryption support
- HLS audio only stream
- Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding (Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG DASH, and MP4)
- Simple format conversion easily converts a video to MP4, MOV, and/or MKV
- 4K presets included
- Integration with Squeeze Server
- Detailed Tooltips
- Seamless integration with AVID, Final Cut Pro, and Premiere Applications
- Multiple Watch Folders with multiple output options
- Direct integration with Sorenson 360 including 5GB Free Sorenson 360 Storage, Forever
- Integrated preset exchange
- Universal device playback
- Send unlimited notifications via email and up to 30 SMS text message alerts per month
- Publish to YouTube, AWS, Akamai, Limelight and more
- FTP publishing
Pre Processing and Editing:
- New manual timecode controls
- Trim in and out points
- Video cropping
- Duplicate Source
- DV Capture
- Standard NLE shortcut keys
Audio Sync, 10 bit to 8 bit dithering. Black Restore, blur, brightness, contrast, crop, deinterlace, fade video, gamma, hue, saturation and lightness, inverse telecine, image orientation, RGB, Sharpen, Telecine 2:3 pulldown, Timecode, tint, video noise reduction, watermark, white balance, white restore, audio duration, audio mixer, audio pitch, audio volume, audio fade
New Features Squeeze 10:
• 4K Resolution Presets - Our latest release aims at addressing the growing demand to support 4K. We designed two specific 4K Presets, one for H.264 and one for x265 that will offer preliminary 4K output support to our users.
• HEVC/x265 Video Codec - High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also called H.265, is a next generation video codec successor to H.264. Squeeze 10 is the first transcoding software provider to support HEVC encoding and decoding. HEVC is designed to double the data compression compared to H.264 at the same level of video quality which translates into improved video quality at lower bit rates.
• VP9 Video Codec - The successor to the VP8 Flash and WebM video codec is an open and royalty free next generation video compression standard developed by Google. VP9 is designed to reduce the bit rate by 50% compared to VP8, with the same video quality.
• Closed Captions Embedding - Squeeze 10 has improved closed captioning support with the ability to embed .scc EIA-608/EIA-708 closed captions into broadcast stream outputs.
• Apple HLS Audio-Only Stream - The Apple app store guidelines require that HLS video streaming content over a cellular network longer than 10 minutes must include a baseline 64 kbps stream. Squeeze 10 now has support for this audio-only stream.
• HTTP Live Streaming Encryption - Squeeze 10 now supports encryption to encrypt HLS videos securely and provide an added layer of security. This new HLS security feature utilizes customized root URLs in manifest files in order to serve index files and media files from different locations. When encryption is employed, references to the corresponding key files appear in the index file so that the client can retrieve the keys for decryption.
• Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding - Squeeze 10 introduces a new concept called Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding that automatically packages files for Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG DASH downloads by only encoding each data rate once and then packaging everything into multiple formats. Squeeze 10 is the first to introduce this rapid time-saving encoding feature.
• Simple Format Conversion Presets - Squeeze 10 introduces Simple Format Conversion presets designed to easily convert a video to MP4, MOV, and/or MKV using the x264 video codec. These new preset options are similar to re-wrapping a source file into a different format, while eliminating quality loss during transcoding.
Supported Video Codecs:
Input: VP9, HEVC, H.264, x264, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-TS, DV (DV25), VP8, H263, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Avid DV, Avid Meridien, Blackmagic (8 & 10-bit), Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, Media 100, Pixlet, RAW, RED, Sheer Video, Sorenson Video 1 (SV1), Sorenson Video 2 (SV2), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Targa Cine, YUV, XDCAM, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM EX, YCbCr, FLV 6 – 8, WM Screen V9, WMV 7 – 9 Advanced, VC1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes
Output: x265, VP9, MC H.264, x264, Apple H.264, Sorenson MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV (DV25), VP8, MOV, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, YUV, Pixlet (Mac only), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Sorenson Spark, H.263, WM Screen V9 (PC only), WMV 7 – 9 Advanced (PC only), VC-1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes (Mac Only)
Supported Video Formats:
264, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, M2V, MOV, MP4, MPG, MTS, MKV, MXF, SWF, VC1, WebM, WMV, 3GPP, Flash, AVI, Matroska, QuickTime, MPEG-2 PS, MPEG-2 TS, MXF (Xdcam, DNxHD OP-Atom)
Supported Audio Codecs:
- Multi-Rate Bundling, MPEG DASH, Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (H.264) and Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming
- AC3, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG Layer 1, MPEG Layer 2, LPCM, Windows Media Audio
Supported Audio Formats:
AAC, AC3, AIFF, M2A, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Windows 7 or 8
- Pentium IV-based or greater
- 1 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DirectX 9.0b or later